What Is Routerlogin.Net?
When you want to change the settings of your Netgear home router, you must log into the router. To log into the router, you must know the internal IP address of the router. Every router has an internal IP address according to the model of the router.
Netgear Router Features
Most of the Netgear routers are dual-band routers. Dual-band means support for 2.4 GHz band as well as 5 GHz band. The 2.4 GHz band has high network interference because it has only three non-overlapping channels. On another hand, the 5 GHz has less interference and has 23 non-overlapping channels
How to Log Into The Router?
- Turn on a device such as a computer or mobile. Connect that device to your network. This is the primary condition if you want to log into the router.
- Launch an Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer from the device.
Configuring your Netgear router
Configuring the Netgear router for cable internet connection
Routerlogin.net Configuring the router means changing the settings of your router or checking the settings of your router that are already stored by default. The configuration of the router ensures the security of your router. The configurations include changing the username and password, setting parental controls, setting up a guest network, verifying the internet connection etc. So here we have discussed the configuration of the router for internet connection.
By using the Smart Wizard, you can easily configure the Netgear router for the broadband or cable network. Follow the steps given below to configure your router:
1. Locate the internet port on your router. Now connect your modem to that port. And also connect your computer to the LAN port of the router. There are four LAN ports. You can connect on any one of them.
2. Boot all your devices that are a router, computer and cable/broadband modem. To boot, switch off all the mentioned devices and then turn them on again.
3. Launch an Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer. Enter the IP address of your router in the address bar field of the browser. The IP address can be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. The IP address depends on the model of your router.
4. A login window displays after pressing the enter key. It asks you to enter the username and password to log into the router. Enter the default credentials of your router model. Routerlogin.net
Note: you can find the default username and password on the product label located at the bottom of the router.
5. The default username for most of the Netgear routers is admin and password is password. Enter the username and password if you have set before. Keep in mind that the default credentials are case-sensitive. Routerlogin.net
6. Go to the setup wizard. A screen displays. Routerlogin.net
7. Select yes by enabling the radio button before it. Click next.
The type of internet connection is automatically detected by the Smart Wizard. The Dynamic IP is detected by the Smart Wizard in the case of the cable internet connection.
8. Click next to save the settings made till now. Routerlogin.net
9. To verify if you are connected to the Internet or not, go to maintenance.Router Status and check the IP address.
Note:-You have successfully configured your router.
Configuring the Netgear DSL modem router for internet connection
If you want to configure a DSL internet connection with the Netgear router then you can by using the Smart Wizard.
Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
1. Make a connection between the router and the phone. Connect the phone line to the DSL port of the Netgear modem by using the DSL micro filter. Now connect your computer to one of the LAN ports on the router. There is a total of four LAN ports.
2. Give power to the DSL modem. And wait till it boots up.
3. Launch a web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Enter the IP address of your router in the address bar field of the browser. The IP address can be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Or you can also use the domain name www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com to open the configuration page.
4. A login window displays. It asks you to enter the username and password to log into the router. Enter the default username and password of your router model. Look at the product label at the bottom of your router to find the default username and password.
5. The default username for most of the Netgear routers is admin and password is password. Otherwise, enter the username and password that you have set before. Take care while entering the username and password as they are case-sensitive.
6. On the top left corner, you will see the Setup Wizard. Click on it. Select yes so that the Setup Wizard automatically detects the Internet connection type. Click next.
7. After the detection of the Internet Connection by the Smart Wizard, a configuration page opens. Now you have to follow the on-screen instructions.
8. It all depends on which type of Internet Connection you have like PPPoE, PPPoAe
-> Now router saves the settings you have done.
-> You can also check whether you are connected to the internet or not. Go to Maintenance menu then go to router status. Now see the IP address field to verify.
-> You have successfully established the internet connection.
-> You can contact us anytime you need help regarding any Netgear router model. We will provide a solution to your each and every problem.
-> You can contact us via our toll free number or chat with the experts via the live chat window provided on the website.